Friday, October 28, 2011

Salad Fixings

Salad greens from Bellevue, 10/27/11

      The fall greens are coming along so well at my park plot that I need to pick nearly everyday.  We had a wonderful salad of these beautiful mixed salad greens, plus one of the remaining Dr. Wyche tomatoes and THE last, boo, Cherokee Purple tomato.  Also added was a big fat carrot from the garden.  It was far to ugly a carrot to deserve a photo, but was delicious none the less.  And to top it off, were these bad boys below,

Radishes, 10/27/11

      I planted white radishes and mixed radishes about 5 weeks ago.  These are the best radishes I have ever grown.  Apparently the secret is a fall crop, with the cool loving radishes finding cooler weather as they grow, rather than being fried out by some heat wave in the spring.  I'm a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment