Thursday, November 15, 2012

Been Fishin

Nassawadox Creek, Virginia,  November 10th,  2012
      We just came back from a wonderful visit with some friends who have a second home on a beautiful cove on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay.  My friend Rick and I always enjoy the fishing, as the scenery makes a fishing trip a success even when the fish are not biting.

Just across the cove

      This fallen tree is very near their dock, and is slowly falling apart after several years.  There are many pieces of driftwood around the creek.  Even a couple of pieces have found their way to my garden back here in Delaware.
      But fishin is always more fun when there is also catchin.


      And eatin.  We caught four keeping size rockfish the first morning.  And had some extra fresh fish for breakfast just hours later.  Simply scrumptious.

1 comment:

  1. George, the pictures are so beautiful! We have family in the Charlottesville area of VA, such a beautiful state.

    I wish I were in that boat now, relaxing and doing a little fishing myself. Looks like you caught some nice fish too.

    ReplyDelete