Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Tomorrow

      Happy Thanksgiving to everyone tomorrow.  It is my favorite holiday.  A time to gather with friends and family to enjoy the day.  To eat. To eat, then eat some more.  Probably to nap in front of the TV while a slow football game is on.  It gives me great pleasure to have a fall garden, to be able to pick fresh veggies to add to the Thanksgiving Feast.  Direct from Pop Pop's gardens.

A beautiful radish harvest,  11/20/2012
Swiss Chard to pick,  11/20/2012
And lettuce for a salad,  11/20/2012
Total haul,  11/20/2012
      Wow, what a nice haul, and so much fun gathering it.  The radishes in the middle, salad greens to the left, arugula to the right, and a mess of swiss chard greens at the top.  Plenty of delicious fresh veggies to go along with the turkey.

1 comment:

  1. Hi George, a very Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. I think the only thing I have from the garden right now is radishes. But then I am not cooking this year as you know, my kitchen is still in the process of remodel. But I am looking forward to someone else cooking for us this year.

    ReplyDelete