Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Light of its own

      Just after lunch today I looked out at the garden and saw this Gloriosa Daisy shining like a beacon through the shade of the Pin Oak tree.  This is the first shot of my new Nikon Coolpix camera.  The old one was having lens extension problems.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to some picture documentation for my blog.


    The gloriosa daisies have been a little prolific in their volunteer efforts this year.  Some of the plants have a definite orange tinge to the flower petals.

This plant has orange near the center

       And this last plant has far more orange/red to the flowers.  The flowers are about double the size of black eyed Susan, and are very light self seeders. So light,that I do not often offer them for adoption during my plant give aways.  Maybe next year will yield enough to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment